Everyone would like to have lips like Angelina Jolie. Unfortunately, many of us are born with thin, shapeless lips. Or, with age, our lips have lost volume, as happens in other areas across the face. Or, we’re blessed with lips that lack symmetry from side to side.
Lip augmentation is nothing new. The lips can be enhanced with silicone implants, collagen, fat transfers, or even donor material. But increasingly it’s dermal fillers that are the augmentation method of choice for many patients. Compared with collagen and fat, dermal fillers can provide more predictable results that can be adjusted easily.
Dr. Turk often uses hyaluronic acid fillers for lip augmentation with our Naples patients.
What are hyaluronic acid fillers?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is responsible for hydrating and “plumping” the skin. Hyaluronic acid binds with water molecules to do this. That’s what makes these fillers perfect for the lips, as that hydration naturally plumps the lips.
Dr. Turk uses primarily Restylane Silk for providing volume and shape to the lips. A newer offering, Juvéderm Volbella XC, is also designed for the lips and provides additional volume but in a more subtle way. There are other dermal filler options: Juvéderm Ultra, Belotero Balance, HylaForm, Elevess, Prevelle Silk, and Captique.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid fillers in lip augmentation
Dr. Turk uses hyaluronic acids fillers to add shape, structure, and volume to the lips. These are the benefits of these fillers:
- Control over volume — The amount of filler being injected can be precisely controlled to manage the increased volume.
- Gradual increase — So that the results don’t overwhelm, patients often opt to have very gradual increases made over a series of appointments, rather than a large increase all in one visit.
- Bumps dissolve — Because hyaluronic acid can be dissipated with an injection of an enzyme, bumps and lumps can be easily removed.
- Half-year results — Most hyaluronic acid filler results last for around six months.
- Less swelling and bruising — These fillers are gentler on the patient.
- Unlikely allergic reactions — Because hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in the human body, these fillers very rarely cause any sort of allergic reaction.
You don’t have to live with your thin, shapeless lips. Call Dr. Turk at (239) 348-4357, and let’s give them a little Angelina Jolie treatment!