Often when you’re close to your ideal weight it can seem that losing the last inch or so is next to impossible. No matter what you do, fat around your waist and flanks seems to have taken up permanent residence.
Liposonix at Naples Cosmetic Surgery is a non-invasive way to take off that last inch without any recovery time. Liposonix uses advanced ultrasound energy to permanently destroy fat cells and slim your waist.
Would Liposonix be right for me?
Liposonix isn’t right for everyone. It’s not intended to be a weight-loss procedure, but a waist slimming procedure. Here are some ways to tell if Liposonix would be right for you.
A good candidate must:
- Be able to “pinch an inch” of fat on the hips
- Have a body mass index (BMI) equal to or less than 30
- Be in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations about the possible results
How does Liposonix work?
Here’s how a Liposonix treatment is done at Naples Cosmetic Surgery:
- The targeted area of unwanted fat is mapped out and the Liposonix treatment head is placed on the area.
- The head delivers high-intensity ultrasound energy down onto the treatment area.
- This energy destroys fat cells beneath the surface layers of the skin, without harming the epidermis.
- A “continuous lesion” is created in the targeted fat.
- The destroyed fat cells are eliminated through the body’s lymphatic system over the next 8-12 weeks.
What results can I expect from Liposonix?
In a clinical study, patients had a single Liposonix treatment. The average waistline reduction for patients was about one inch (2.5 cm). This usually equates to one dress or pant size. These results took from 8 to 12 weeks to fully show themselves as the body disposed of the fat cells.
Does Liposonix hurt?
There is minor discomfort with a Liposonix treatment. Patients generally say they feel a slight prickling sensation, coldness, tingling, warmth, and minor swelling.
Afterwards, you may have some slight discomfort, bruising, redness, and swelling, but this is generally mild.
Want to lose that last inch around your waist in just an hour? Call Dr. Turk and Naples Cosmetic Surgery at (239) 348-4357 and ask about Liposonix.