Lift Your Spirits with a Breast Lift
- Posted on: Feb 15 2018
Nothing says you’re getting older than sagging skin. Sagging breasts can be especially discouraging, but they’re a fact of life, especially if you’ve had a child. A breast lift with Dr. Turk can raise and reshape breasts that have sagged and lost volume.
What is a breast lift?
A breast lift, clinically termed mastopexy, removes excess skin and tightens supporting tissue to bring the breasts back up higher on the chest. The procedure aims to rectify sagging that has occurred due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss, gravity, and simple aging. After this procedure, the breasts will be higher and firmer. Dr. Turk may reposition or resize the nipples and areolae, as part of the surgery.
Who would benefit from a breast lift?
Sagging is the deciding factor on if a breast lift would benefit a patient. If these characteristics fit your situation, a breast lift could be a good procedure:
- Sagging breasts
- Breasts that have flattened and lost shape
- Breasts that have lost volume
- Breasts that have become elongated
- Nipples that point downward
- Unevenly sized breasts
It’s important for anyone considering a breast lift to contemplate if she wants to have children down the road. If so, a breast lift should be postponed, as pregnancy will negate its effects.
How is a breast lift done?
Dr. Turk uses different incision locations depending on the unique situation of each patient. Much depends on the amount of excess skin that has developed. These are the incision placements:
- Two rings around the areolae in a donut shape. This is ideal if you have smaller breasts and there isn’t excessive sagging skin.
- Around the areolae and down vertically to the breast crease. This incision allows more access.
- Around the areolae, down to the breast crease, and outward in each direction along the crease. This “anchor” incision allows the most adjustment when the patient has significant sagging, excess skin.
Once the incision is made, Dr. Turk removes breast tissue and reshapes the breasts, moving the mass upward. In most cases, the nipple/areola will be moved to a higher location. Excess skin is trimmed. In cases where the patient has lost volume, she may opt to have breast implants included with this procedure to regain lost volume.
Tired of your sagging breasts? Call Dr. Turk at (239) 348-4357 and set up a consultation for a breast lift.
Posted in: Naples Cosmetic Surgery Center Blog